- Balance Druids will be receiving a a new talent named Solar Beam, similar to Freya's ability where it instantly silences the target and they have to move out of it to remove the debuff.
- Tree of Life will be changing from a passive talent to a cooldown similar to Metamorphosis. Tree of Life won't be able to be banished and the model for Tree Form will be updated.
- Feral cat rotation will be more forgiving. It's not that they want to remove what people like about the gameplay, but want it to be less punishing if you miss something, such as a Savage Roar or Rake.
- Balance Druids will gain a new ability called Nature's Torrent, which will strike for Nature or Arcane damage depending on which will do more damage and moves the Eclipse meter. (More below!)
- Restoration Druids will have a new talent called Efflorescence, which causes a bed of healing flora to sprout beneath targets that are critically healed by Regrowth.
- Feral Cats and Bears will gain an ability similar to Kick or Pummel.
- We want to make sure Feral and Balance Druids feel like good options for an Arena team. They need the tools to where you might consider a Feral Druid over an Arms Warrior, or a Balance Druid over a Mage or Warlock. Remember that the PvP landscape will probably look pretty different for Cataclysm with a focus on rated, competitive Battlegrounds.
Druid New Spells
Thrash deals damage and causes all targets within 10 yards to bleed every 2 seconds for 6 seconds. The intent here is to give bears another button to hit while tanking. Talents will affect the bleed, such as causing Swipe (Bear) to deal more damage to bleeding targets. 5 seconds cooldown. 25 Rage.
Stampeding Roar (83)
The Druid roars, increasing the movement of all allies within 10 yards by 40% for 8 seconds. Stampeding Roar can be used in cat or bear form, but bears might have a talent to drop the cooldown. The goal of this ability is to give both bears and cats a little more situational group utility. 3 minutes cooldown. No cost.
Wild Mushroom (85)
Grows a magical mushroom at the target location. After 4 seconds the mushroom becomes invisible. Enemies who cross the mushroom detonate it, causing it to deal area-of-effect damage, though its damage component will remain very effective against single targets. The Druid can also choose to detonate the mushroom ahead of time. This is primarily a tool for the Balance Druid, and there will be talents that play off of it. No cooldown. 40 yard range. Instant cast.